The purpose of this guide is to illustrate the setup of the new Cisco Meraki VPN client on your Windows 10 machine.
Setting up your VPN client
1) Open Start Menu > Search "VPN" > Click Change virtual private networks (VPN)
2) From the VPN settings page, click Add a VPN connection.
3) In the Add a VPN connection dialog:
- Set the VPN provider to Windows (built-in)
- Provide a Connection name for the VPN connection
- Enter the eihter of the below Server names corresponding to which site you wish to connect to
- London - somo-london-vzhtctdvrq.dynamic-m.com
- Bristol - somo-bristol-pqzvczqzrq.dynamic-m.com
- Select L2TP/IPsec with pre-shared key for the VPN type
- Enter the pre-shared key corresponding to which site you wish to connect to
- London - raiIf5p5PVjl
- Bristol - TriP13L0c3
- Provide a User name (email address) and Password
4) After the VPN connection has been created, click Change adapter options under Related settings.
5) Right click on the VPN Connection from the list of adapters and click Properties.
6) In the Security tab, select "Require encryption (disconnect if sever declines)" under Data encryption.
Then, select Allow these protocols under Authentication. From the list of protocols, check "Unencrypted password (PAP)", and uncheck all other options.
7) Back at the Network Connections window, right-click on the VPN connection and click Connect / Disconnect.
8) Find your VPN profile and click Connect.