This document is to detail how to allow for images on Emails received in Outlook 2016 to be downloaded Automatically.
Please note: changing these settings may allow for files sent from malicious addresses to be downloaded within Outlook.
1. Allow for images on Emails received in Outlook 2016 to be downloaded Automatically
2. From here, please navigate to the top left-hand corner. Here, there will be the option to select ‘File’:
3. After selecting the ‘File’ option, the following will appear
4. As highlighted here, please select the ‘Options’ item to open the Outlook settings menu.
5. Once the Outlook settings menu has opened, select ‘Trust Centre’ as highlighted below.
6. Selecting this option will then display the following
7. Selecting the highlighted option will open the trust centre settings
8. Un-tick the ‘Don’t download pictures automatically in HTML email messages or RSS items’ option.
9. This will then display the other options underneath as greyed out